Thursday, March 5, 2009

Student Teaching = No Time For Blogging










Welllllllllllllllll it's been a long time! You might be wondering (or you might not, that's okay too) why have I not blogged for such a very long time? Two words...

student teaching.

I am student teaching in Upper Darby (close to Philly) for a class of kindergartners. It's been quite an experience, probably one of the most trying experiences I have ever had (I now understand why Arnold had such a tough time).

You may be chuckling and thinking to yourself, "Mandy these kids are what, 5 years old? How hard is it to teach them about their shapes and colors???? Seriously??"

Okay, seriously, I'll be honest...the curriculum is not hard. Yes I am teaching them their shapes, colors, how to read, and the like. What is hard is loving these kids day in and day out even when they don't listen to a darn thing I say (which happens more often than I'd like). I mean really why, oh why did I sign up to teach in the first place? Well I am good with kids, I think they are great, and I thought I might as well make money doing what I'm good at. But when you wake up at 6 every morning and get ready to go to a job where you have twenty 5 and 6 year olds in a room for 6 hours you need a little more motivation than a salary.
So this student teaching experience has taught me a lot. It is also supposed to help me decide if teaching is really for me.
I'm still not sure. . .
Does that worry me?
Yes.
So I still don't know what I am going to do with the rest of my life?
Nope.
Even after all these years of college?
Yep.


Do I know that if I continue to listen for God's guidance that He will provide me with a job that will include my passions and my talents?


Yes.





It's all down to the when and where. Right now, I'm pretty sure He just wants me to graduate and get THE HECK out of college. Then, I'm planned up until about oohhhhh...August. After that....????? Your guess is as good as mine.



Anyway...I'm back...going to try to blog more (it may not really pick up until May 2nd, GRADUATION!)...and am waiting on God to show me what's next :)

No comments: