Saturday, February 12, 2011

the geeeeetar (a.k.a. - guitar)



So...I got a guitar for Christmas. She looks a lot like the one above. For lack of a better name, let's call her "Pinky." To learn to play a guitar, such as Pinky, has been a dream of mine for....yeaaarrrss. Currently (literally as I'm typing this post) my fingers are throbbing in pain. It seems that playing a guitar involves a certain amount of pain...but let me tell you...it's totally worth it.

Since my first lesson last week, I have used almost every free moment of my time to nail down "Sweet Caroline" by Mr. Neil Diamond. Now when I say "nail down" what I really mean is attempting to strum the chords in a manner that slightly resembles this song. I honestly can not wait until I am able to play this puppy well enough that I can actually sing along. Then I'd be like...a one (wo)man band.

So in the next few weeks I am hoping for severely calloused fingers and rock star results. :) We shall see.

Regardless, I am excited. I think God knows exactly what we need when we need it...and he knew I needed Pinky. Learning to play has been so fun.

God is cool like that...he knows what fills our hearts with joy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Miss you friend. I hope MN is treating you well.