Friday, August 15, 2008

Child-like Faith


I was talking with someone tonight about hopes and dreams. She brought up a great point from a book that she was reading. When we are children, we are full of hopes and dreams. As we get older, sometimes those dreams fade and we forget them. The book says that it's important that we hold on to those dreams because God wants us to approach our faith, and the world, as children. Check out Mark 10:14-16.


My mom reminded me of something really cool a little bit ago. She reminded me that when I was a little girl, I would run up to ANYONE and hug them! I was so trusting and open. I was willing to be friends with anyone and everyone. As time went by, and the struggles of middle and high school began, I can remember certain years of my life when I wouldn't let anyone hug me.


Then, in my freshman year of college, I developed a relationship with God. I began to open up and now here I am four years later a totally transformed person....or so I thought. My mom blessed me with this little reminder of Mandy as a child because I can look at myself now and see someone of those qualities returning!


Having a relationship with God is no easy thing. Once you become His He will never ever let you settle for anything less than become more like Jesus everyday. But with that hard work and growth comes great blessings. I truly consider it a blessing to be reminded that I am more like my 5 year old self than ever! I can only hope that in my continued relationship with Him, I will become more open and daring just like a child.


I challenge you to think about what you were like as a child? Have you changed? What has caused that change? If you've gone through bad experiences, I can understand why you may not dream like you used to....


God can help restore the child in you. :)

No comments: