Monday, April 7, 2008

Get Your Pray On


So I used to talk to God (pray or what have you) and wonder if he was listening and if he was, was he planning on answering? My prayers may have been God-centered, but my heart was doubtful. Thank goodness He is beginning to change this. Check out these verses:
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" (1 John 5:14-15).
''Have faith in God,' Jesus answered. 'I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins'" (Mark 11:22-25).
I have seen these verses many times, but finally God decided it was time for a new revelation and change of heart. I now BELIEVE them. Because of this, my prayer life has dramatically changed! After I am done praying, I am able to thank God for listening and thank him (in confidence) for answering my prayer according to his will for my life. My prayers are now more "powerful and effective" as the Bible would put it, because of my confidence in God's promises to hear me!
Sooooo with that said....FYI...May 1st is the National Day of Prayer! It was started by the National Day of Prayer Task Force. This is their mission statement:
"The National Day of Prayer Task Force's mission is to communicate with every individual the need for personal repentance and prayer, mobilizing the Christian community to intercede for America and its leadership in the seven centers of power: Government, Military, Media, Business, Education, Church and Family. "
If you plan to participate in this day, just remember, God HEARS you and your prayers can be POWERFUL and EFFECTIVE! ...how exciting :)

No comments: