Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Falling for Fall


What is your favorite season?

My favorite season...beyond all doubt....hands down...is FALL

Why do I love fall? 

I love fall for so many reasons...
  • the fact that it's cool outside (no more of this being hot business, you know like what we have to deal with in August)
  • back to school...yep I'm one of those nerds who loves school
  • changing leaves...beautiful
  • apple season
  • hayrides (non-haunted are preferred)
  • football games (not so much to watch the game, but to talk to friends and drink hot chocolate)
And one of the most WONDERFUL things about fall are....

PUMPKINS!!!

Those little orange things bring me great joy.  Why, do you ask?  (I'm not sure why you would have to, but for those of you who just don't get it...)

  • Pumpkins can be made into jack-o-lanterns.  You get to use a large knife to cut a face into YOUR OWN pumpkin and who doesn't love pulling all the guts out!
  • Pumpkin seeds can be roasted and eaten (delish)
  • You can go to a field and PICK your own pumpkin, which makes for great fun
  • They look quite lovely sitting around your house for decoration
  • They can be made into...pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bagels, pumpkin cream cheese, etc. etc.  
And it is because of all the above, ladies and gents, that I am falling for Fall.

No comments: