Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Provision


I went to visit some of my friends at their house the other day for an open prayer time.  They invited anyone and everyone to come.  Someone had made the comment to them, "Yo man, thanks for letting us come to your house." These guys always make it a point to share with everyone that their house is "always open." 

Their reply to this comment was, "Dude, this isn't our house.  It's God's.  He blessed us with it, so we are just sharing it with everyone else."

What an awesome attitude.  Their gratitude towards God's provision and willingness to share it with others totally inspired me.  

It's so true!  Everything I have has been literally given to me by God himself.  Sometimes I forget this and start acting selfish.  Not only with my possessions but with my time and energy. 

There are tons of verses about this in the Bible.  A few I looked up were: 
Matthew 6:31-32 (God always provides)
1 Peter 4:9-10 (offer hospitality, share the gifts God has given you)
Acts 20:30 (more blessed to give than receive)
Romans 12:13 (hospitality)

and my most favorite....
Matthew 6:26 

I'm sure there are many more that get the point across.  

Anyway, thanks to these guys and the attitude that Christ has shaped in their hearts, I am inspired to do something to give of the resources that God has blessed me with. It's nice to be reminded that I don't have to hold on to things so tightly for fear that I might be left with nothing, but that God will always provide what I need.

No comments: